World renowned for its coir and handloom industries, this land of gods, forts, rivers, hills and beautiful beaches is a potential hub for tourism investment projects.
• Ranipuram hills
• Tejaswini-Valiyaparamba backwaters
• An upcoming international beach tourist destination
• Selected by the Govt. of India for development under the Special Tourism Area programme
• Tourist attractions include the Bekal Fort and beach, Valiyaparamba backwaters
• Investment options in budget accommodation facilities are also available
Nearest international airport - Kozhikode (200 km)
Nearest domestic airport - Mangalore (80 km)
Nearest railway station - Kasaragod (20 km)
Beach resorts, watersports, amusement parks, water sport complexes, backwater cruises, sightseeing, hill resorts, convention centres, airstrips etc.
A key contributor to the cultural, religious, political and industrial heritage of the State, Kannur district with its wealth of natural beauty and the only drive-in beach in Kerala is a dream destination for tourism investors.
• Payyambalam, Muzhappilangad, Kizhunna, Meenkunnu, Sandbank beaches
• Dharmadom Island
• Paithalmala, Kanjirakkolli hill stations
• Valapattanam and Perumba rivers
• Pazhassi reservoir
• Parassinikadavu temple
• Located parallel to the National Highway 17 between Kannur and Thalassery
• Home to Kerala’s only drive-in beach where you can drive down the entire length of 4 km
• An unpaved road winding through coconut groves leads to the beach
• Shallow waters protected by black rocks make it a swimmer’s paradise
Nearest international airport – Karipur, Calicut (100 km)
Nearest railway station – Thalassery (8 km), Kannur (15 km)
Accommodation facilities including tented accommodations, resorts and hotels, water sports, adventure tourism, recreational facilities like beach camping, turtle watching etc.
Known for its picturesque mist-clad hill stations, sprawling spice plantations, luxuriant forests and rich cultural traditions, this region close to Mysore, Bangalore and Ooty abounds with opportunities for tourism investment.
• Karapuzha dam site
• Pazhassi park area
• Soochipara waterfalls
• Spice plantations
• Banasura Sagar dam
• Muthanga and Tholpetty wildlife sanctuaries
• Thiruunelli temple
• Kuruva deep
Lush green countrysides, serene beaches, historic sites, wildlife sanctuaries, rivers, hills, a unique culture and warm ambience make this place ideal for tourism investments. The opening up of the Sarovaram project will offer tremendous opportunity in several areas including health, amusement, accommodation, hospitality institutes, water sports and so on. A few possible areas for tourism investments are given below.
• Vadakara Sandbanks
• Kappad beach
• Beypore port and fishing harbour
• Kadalundi bird sanctuary
• Tusharagiri hill zone
• Wooden boat manufacturing unit
• Peruvannamuzhi & Kakkayam dam
• Located 50 km from Kozhikode
• This beach where the Kottakal River merges into the sea is a favourite spot for locals and tourists alike
• The famed Birla Bungalow offering a delightful view of the stunning beach stands closeby
Nearest international airport – Karipur, Calicut (60 km)
Nearest railway station - Vadakara Railway Station
Resorts and other accommodation facilities, parasailing, paragliding, micro-lite flights, recreational facilities like beach camping, canoeing, yachting etc.
Bounded by the Nilgiri Hills in the east and the Arabian Sea in the west, Malappuram is a land of rich cultural heritage and diverse natural attractions. This region as yet fully unexplored presents investors with varied and wonderful investment opportunities in tourism.
• Kottakunnu hills
• Nilambur forests
• Kodikuthimala hills
• Nilgiri Ghats
• Beeyam kayal backwaters
• Padinjarekara beach
• Vallikkunu beach
• Kadalundi bird sanctuary
• Poorapuzha, Bharathapuzha and Veliyamkode rivers
• Pilgrim centres like Navamukunda, Kadampuzha, Thirumandamkunnu, Trikandiyoor, Ponnani, Kondotty, Mampuram
The land of valleys, hillocks, rivers, forests, mountain streams, dams and irrigation projects, Palakkad also known as the granary of Kerala, has potential to become a popular tourist destination.
• Nelliyampathy hill station
• Parambikulam and Silent Valley wildlife sanctuaries
• Malampuzha dam and amusement centre
• Kalpathy heritage zone
Thrissur with its rich history, cultural heritage and archaeological wealth presents many exciting options for potential tourism investors.
• Athirappally & Vazhachal waterfalls
• Guruvayoor pilgrim centre
• Peechi dam
• Kerala Kalamandalam cultural centre, Cheruthuruthy
• Nila river
• A popular picnic spot known for its scenic waterfalls
• Located 1000 ft above sea level
Nearest international airport - Cochin (58 km)
Nearest railway station - Thrissur (63 km)
Ayurvedic spas/treatment centres, adventure sports, ropeways, conferencing facilities, accommodation facilities etc.
The commercial capital and the most cosmopolitan city of Kerala, Kochi in Ernakulam, with its natural harbour and distinctive culture offers tremendous investment opportunities in the tourism sector.
• Kumbalangi rural tourism
• Fort Kochi
• Thattekad bird sanctuary
• Gundu island
• Cherai beach
• Aluva - Kalady pilgrim centre
• Bhoothathankettu dam
One of the most nature rich areas of Kerala girdled by three main rivers, Idukki offers diverse attractions and extensive scope for tourism investment activities.
• Munnar, Peerumedu, Devikulam and Vagamon plantation hills
• Iravikulam National Park, Chinnar
• Thekkady Wildlife sanctuary
• Cheeyappara waterfalls
• A virgin hill station located 1800 m above sea level
• Over 12,500 ha of land to be developed
Nearest international airport - Cochin (150 km)
Nearest railway station - Kottayam (100 km)
Accommodation facilities, Ayurvedic spas, heritage villages, theme parks, golf courses/resorts, adventure sports, recreational facilities like ropeways etc.
A land of unique characteristics with panoramic backwater stretches, lush paddy fields, highlands and extensive rubber plantations, Kottayam provides some exclusive investment opportunities in tourism.
• Hill stations like Ilaveezhapoonchira, Kannadippara, Illickal mala, Illickal kallu, Ayyappara, Kolani mudi, Kurishumala, Mamala stream, Vazhikkadavu, Thangalppara, Kottathavalam, Vagamon, Kattankunnu, Vennimala
• Kodimatha and Vaikom lake
• Thirunakkara maidan
• Aruvikuzhy, Aruvickachal and Marmala waterfalls
• Kumarakom backwater
• Kumarakom bird sanctuary
Referred to as the Venice of the East, this backwater country is also home to diverse animal and birdlife and has many opportunities for tourism developmental investments.
• Andhakaranazhi, Thumboli and Thrikkunnappuzha beaches
• Chambakkulam, Pulinkunnu, Edathua, Thanneermukkom, Muhamma, Kuttanad and Nedumudi backwaters
• Watersports training centre
• Canal development
A hilly terrain of pristine beauty, Pathanamthitta with its rivers, mountain ranges and scenic locales offers investors various investment opportunities in tourism.
• Pulikkezhu backwaters
• Maniyar damsite
• Erumeli - Sabarimala pilgrim centre
• Mathirampuzha lake in Kuttoor-Thiruvalla
• Polachira lake area in Kulanada
• Aranmula heritage village
The gateway to the magnificent backwaters of Kerala and centre of the country’s cashew trading and processing industry, Kollam offers investors lot of investment potential in the field of tourism.
• Muttara Maruthi Mala hills
• Ashtamudi backwaters
• Thazhava, Munroe Island rural tourism
• Anandawalleeshvaram tourist complex
• Peringalam backwaters
• Thirumullawaram beach
• Thenmala - planned ecotourism spot
• Palaruvi waterfalls
A long shoreline with internationally renowned beaches, historic monuments, backwater stretches and a rich cultural heritage make this district an excellent destination for investments in many tourism centres.
• Kovalam, Poovar, Varkala, Kappil beaches
• Veli-Akkulam backwater region
• Neyyar and Peppara wildlife belts
• Vizhinjam beach village
• Ponmudi hills