Thalassery in Kannur district, Kerala is often referred as the city of cricket, cakes and circus. The culture of Thalassery can be seen as the amalgamation of different cultures owing to its coastal location, influence of both French and British colonial advent and many related aspects. Thalassery assumed the status of a tourist destination after many of its tourist spots gained popularity with the collective efforts from Department of Tourism, Government of Kerala. Many of those tourist spots like Thalassery fort, Overbury’s folly etc. has got huge prominence in the history as well as the urban fabric of Thalassery.
The project components in the initial phase of tourism development and circuit formulation are
- Development of Overburrys folly with View tower, walkway etc.
- Pathway connecting Overburrys folly and Seaview Park
- Development of Seaview Park
- Pathway connecting Seaview Park and Municipal Park
- Development of Municipal Park