KTIL - Building God's Own Country
Tourist Resorts (Kerala) Ltd. (KTIL), established under the Govt. of Kerala, is the agency for tourism investment promotion and infrastructure development in Kerala. It was incorporated in August 1989.
Kerala is today growing at an amazing pace in tourism, adhering to the principles of indigenousness, environmental friendliness and community participation. Asia's most sought-after tourism spot and India's only Superbrand, Kerala, renowned all over the world as God's Own Country.
To be an important knowledge centre in tourism, enabling conceptualisation, development and operationalisation of innovative tourism projects/products.
To promote tourism related infrastructure/products through development of appropriate institutional arrangements such as joint venture, public private partnership etc and offer consultancy services to both public and private sectors, for preparation of tourism master plans, evolve strategies for new destination development etc.
- PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP
KTIL pioneered the Public Private Partnership (PPP) model in tourism infrastructure development in Kerala.
Projects Under Public Private Partnership
- M/s Taj Kerala Hotels and Resorts Limited (with TATA Group)
- M/s Oberoi Kerala Hotels and Resorts Limited (with Oberoi Group)
- GOVT. PROJECTS
KTIL is engaged in bulding up fully government owned projects.
Projects in progress co-ordinated by the company
- Tourist Facility Centre, Veli
- Convention Centre, Veli
- Eco-Tourism Initiatives at JnTBGRI, Palode
- Development of Ponmudi Tourism Destination
- Motel Station Project - Nedumangadu
- Development of Nelliyampathy Tourist Destination
- Kadinamkulam - Anchuthengu Backwater Tourism Corridor - Development of Boat Jetties
- Selection of Consultants Preparation of Detailed Project Report for Development of biodiversity Tourism Circuit in Kollam District
- Selection of Consultants for Preparation of Detailed Project Report for Development of Malabar Literary Tourism Circuit
Major Projects completed
- Preparation of Tourism Plan to be incorporated in the Coastal Zone Management Plan based on CRZ Notification 2019.
- Development at Guruvayur Temple under PRASHAD Scheme under Ministry of Tourism, Government of India- Development of Tourism Facility Centre, Tourism Amenity Center, Multilevel Car Parking , Network Infrastructure and CCTV systems
- Preparation of Tourism Infrastructure Investment Plans for North Malabar region
- Hop-on-Hop-off Boats & Water Taxi at Kochi and Muziris
- Winch Operated Beach Parasail, Kollam
- Development of Sarovaram Bio-Park Kozhikode
- Improvement of Overbury's Folly, Sea View Park and Centenary Park at Thalassery